Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

+3
Sammi B
Ender420
Lavitiz
7 posters

Future Server Dreams

Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Future Server Dreams Empty Future Server Dreams

Post  Lavitiz Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 am

Alright, here's a little discussion for fun. Since I'd like to promote forum activity.

If you could have ANY server feature related to Harry Potter added, what would it be? Don't think overpowered stuff, think realistically.

Jobs after Hogwarts? A life outside Hogwarts after you graduate? A deep intensive potions system? Pets? Player owned NPC shops? You name it!

What would be your dream addition, and why?
    Ender420
    Ender420
    1st Year
    1st Year

Future Server Dreams Empty Potions

Post  Ender420 Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:34 am

I would love to see a potions system, and Elder wand would be pretty cool aswell, you could make it do double damage or somthing.
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Future Server Dreams Empty Re: Future Server Dreams

Post  Lavitiz Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 am

Ender420 wrote:I would love to see a potions system, and Elder wand would be pretty cool aswell, you could make it do double damage or somthing.

Give me more details. Why would you want these? How would all of it work?

This isn't a suggestions board, the goal is to just get you guys talking. xP Tell me mooore!
    Sammi B
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Sammi B Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 am

Ender420 wrote:I would love to see a potions system, and Elder wand would be pretty cool aswell, you could make it do double damage or somthing.

that would be pretty sweet having a potions system.
    Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Post  Skystone Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:53 pm

1. For the jobs, I think they should mostly be player-based. I don't want to see NPCs running a company basically giving "quests" to players. I think I would like to see players creating jobs, and running their own company or shop. This could be things like teaching to shop owners/employees to Potion or "Spell Explorist" (pretty much any occupation that's found in the HP universe).

2. Life after graduation, okay first off they can probably get a job, they can become an Auror or DE (or they could get accepted early), they could pretty much do anything they want that they have available to them (kind of tricky depending on how far the game goes).

3. Potion system would be awesome as this would allow people to find new potions (creating a job), experiment and do all kinds of things.

4. Pets played a big enough role in HP, though I don't know if it could work in this game. It would probably be that each player can only have one pet (and the pet's can die btw), they choose their pet in the beginning probably for free (they shouldn't be like legendary pets like a snake or phoenix), and they can choose from a Rat, Cat, and an Owl. Each pet has different abilities for ex. Rat can go through small areas to spy on others as well as steal some small valuables lying around (like a letter), Cats kill rats and can help explore areas, and Owl's will give discounted newspapers or will enable others to give gifts or something like that.

5. PLayered owned NPC shops, I don't really like that idea. It's basically taking jobs away from graduates and the player that has the NPC shop could make a lot of money off of it...

Overall I think we should focus on pets or the potion system first, the jobs can then be added.
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:27 pm

You got some good ideas, Sky.

I think Pet's will become part of the game at some point, along with jobs and player shops. It's nice to see new ideas addressed to the server.
    Ranstar1234
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Ranstar1234 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm

I would like a book that give like 100 exp at level 50 or something
    FionaTheHuman
    FionaTheHuman
    2nd Year
    2nd Year

Post  FionaTheHuman Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm

A ministry of magic would be cool Very Happy! They would be like the enforcers of the inappropriate use of magic for graduates!(Azkaban instead of detention.) With their main mission being to stop the evil death eaters c:

A fully functional hogsmead and london would be cool. Alot of work but would be cool, yet again for the graduates that dont feel like pedophiling on the kids at hogwarts xD

Common rooms! A place for people in similar houses to go and hang out and possibly have artifacts from their in game history put there. Maybe a place like that within hogwarts for the same thing. A Museum wing of sorts.

The shop idea is cool, perhaps you as an in game player you can pay gold to add items to your shop? and shops will be sorted into categories so no-one person can have a monopoly on all items? the shos could be run by an NPC, and the gold is sent to the player via mail or something? Or stored in the shop in a password protected vault or something?

Also maybe house year and current training book could work together. Like the first book up till level 5 or 10 or whatever you decide could determine Year 1, and per level that would determine their school year, and once people reach year 7, they have to take a test testing their knowledge to graduate from hogwarts?

Prefects to vocally enforce laws within hogwarts?

Clothing shops to give individuality to players once they graduate from hogwarts?
    LwoJX3
    LwoJX3
    1st Year
    1st Year

Future Server Dreams Empty Good vs Evil

Post  LwoJX3 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Maybe a decision to be either a Hogwart student or a Death Eater as a quest x) Not sure how it would work yet.. o_o
    FionaTheHuman
    FionaTheHuman
    2nd Year
    2nd Year

Post  FionaTheHuman Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

1 Last idea! Just came to me in a stroke of brilliance. What if house points gave a bonus on experience?(You kept your house even after graduation maybe?[incentive to help students]) and at the end of the year(or month or whatever lol) the house with the most got like a day of double experience?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:09 pm