Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

3 posters

Leveling Idea

Jace
    1st Year
    1st Year

Leveling Idea Empty Leveling Idea

Post  Jace Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:04 pm

I know I post a lot of random ideas on here that will probably never happen but maybe one day...

So I was thinking about a level system that might help players explore the game more. This system would more or less require a level cap though so I'm sure some people won't like that.

Just as an example lets say you can max out at level 100. Each section of 10 levels involves different tasks using different aspects of the game. You would be able to do them in any order and in the end possibly get to level 100. So some possibilities could be:

1) Basic book reading- can get you a total of 10 levels

2) Monster killing- kill 50 slugs for 1 level. Kill 50 pixies for 1 level. Kill 50 Dementors for 1 level etc.

3) Potions- make a level one potion, make a level two potion etc...

4) Exploring- visit person X in Diagon alley.

5) Dueling- win a duel againt a player level 1-9, level 10-19,20-29 etc..

6) quests

7) Learning x number of spells

blah blah blah Im sure there are other better ideas

This might just help players be aware of all the options in the game (When they exist in the future obviously

Anyway just an idea, feel free to pick it apart Smile
    Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Leveling Idea Empty Re: Leveling Idea

Post  Skystone Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Sounds like it would take a lot of coding, but idk...
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Jace wrote:I know I post a lot of random ideas on here that will probably never happen but maybe one day...

All future updates are based around the ideas given to me. For example the deliminator idea. I actually started that recently. The item is actually in game, it's just not usable yet until I tweak it a lot more.

Currently new features found in here haven't been mass produced because I've been working on server optimization and bug fixes that appear. Wizarding currency which I think was also suggested was done. It just takes time, it is the season for holidays after all.
    Jace
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Jace Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 am

Sorry Lavitiz, I wasn't trying to complain saying no one listens to me lol. I meant the ideas I post are usually very weird and would require massive changes to the game so they are just unlikely to happen. I know you are putting a lot of time in to the game don't worry!!! I'm sure 90% of the changes that make the game better are things players don't even notice. Keep up the good work I love you
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Updates will be a tad slow this month because of the holidays. Everythong posted in these forums are greatly appreciated. Keep it up guys. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content