Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

4 posters

Very Curious

Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Very Curious Empty Very Curious

Post  Skystone Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 am

I don't know, I'm just very curious on what's going to come up in HPANF, in it's current state it's okay...it's just there's not much to do. Except train and/or go to classes that pop out randomly. We sometimes talk and have "wizard duels", but that's just a thing we do to pass the time (for some of us at least). So whatever you're doing Lavitiz, I hope it gives us something to do. Like Clans (will help us unify and kill one another, always great Smile ), House Rooms (gives us new places to explore, and potentially more rivalry between houses), Quests (definitely gives us something to do...whatever it is...), More items (gotta collect em all...). I just don't feel like there's much to do, I'm not saying this game is bad or anything. I guess it's just that I'm bored most of the time I play the game...

Edit: Yes, I know that this game is new and all, but still it would be nice to have a real sense of purpose in the game rather than just leveling...
    Sev
    Sev
    1st Year
    1st Year

Very Curious Empty Re: Very Curious

Post  Sev Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:23 am

The game is very new. It's almost like a relaunch, I think Lavitiz has been spending loads of time on preparing these massive updates for you.

Clans will be coming very soon. A player base - a very regular one - is essential for that though; spread the word about ANF. We've started to have regulars of about 10 or so which is excellent. The game will begin to unfold over the next few months. I have already mapped Clan HQs which are hidden in the map in the current version that's up and they are raring to go.

Classes will have a schedule soon. We're just sorting out staff on top of the other million things to do; Lavitiz is really really busy. I'm trying as much as I can to take the weight off of him but there is only so much I can do.

The new/updated dueling system and item system as well as a banking system and quest system will likely be future features. They aren't top priority as of yet as ANF needs to form foundations first.

Common Rooms need decorating and coding; they'll be available soon also.

Please continue with ideas and such that can keep us exploring avenues of improvement.

Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Post  Skystone Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Thank you very much for responding me Sev, I guess I'm just worried about what's going to happen...
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:41 am

Don't fret, stuff is happening. I log all updates in the announcement section of the forums.

As you can I see try and update frequently, however with thanksgiving and a few birthdays that have past, I've been a bit more busy.

Like Severus stated, common rooms and clan headquarters are in the game currently. They're just inaccessible.

Banking: I was planning on changing the way money works in game to use actual wizard currency. Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. I'm pretty sure I will be changing to this at the time I make the banker. This will probably be one of the first additions you'll see coming here soon. I'll also have one of the bankers convert your gold into the new currency as well.

Quests: This is something that I really want to get going with. Not only will it be fun to make, but it'll allow better gameplay with varied tasks and hopefully some story for the sub quests. Main quests won't come right away because I still have to decide how the stories there will work out. I'll probably implement a tutorial quest first. The quest has to have a global quest system made, so this one might take a tad bit longer.

Items: I have TONS of ideas for items, and you all have given me plenty more under the suggestions area. I'll be adding these over time. The only reason I haven't yet is because I need to decide what will be purchasable and what will be considered rare and only obtainable during events.

Dueling: I am planning a dueling system with automatic ranking for official duels, I just don't know all the details yet. More info on this once I get around to it.

Events: I had some ideas for automated events so that staff do not need to moderate them all the time. Which will allow you to participate in events even with staff online. There will of course be a form of even currency that will be awarded with events, and will be exchangeable at an NPC. Some rare items may be listed here but will require a super high amount of event points.

All of you know the holidays are coming, so things will be a bit hectic. Do not fret though, I don't do much else on Byond currently other than work on HPANF. So, if you see me online at all, you know it is purely for this very server.

Thanks for understanding guys! The suggestions forum IS taken very seriously, and a lot of new updates will be from suggestions there. I'm open minded.
    Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Post  Skystone Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:01 am

Awesome, I like to hear about the "upcoming stuff". Sounds very exciting! Especially the automated dueling ranks. It's also nice to see that the wizarding world currency is going to be used.

Can't wait! Very Happy
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:08 am

Just a small update on what's going on. I had quite a bit going on today and my net is down for the night.

Anyways, The Wizarding Currency was added and I've created a savefile converter for all your hard earned gold. Every gold coin is equal to one Knut. Yes, monster gold gain was also converted using the same ratio.

You are also able to give gold to other players. Which will come in handy for trades. Of course I'd like to actually make a trade system at some point. Maybe even player shops.

Oh, and don't worry about gold attatched to mail after the update. It will automatically convert that for you as well. NPCs will be unusable for buying things until I determine proper prices since I'm going to reevaluate shop prices based on how long it takes to get coins. The exception of course is your free wand.

1 gold = 1 Knut
    29 Knuts = 1 Sickle
    17 Sickles = 1 Galleon
    Gold will no longer be used.
    Vsevolod
    Vsevolod
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Post  Vsevolod Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am

Lavitiz wrote:Don't fret, stuff is happening. I log all updates in the announcement section of the forums.

As you can I see try and update frequently, however with thanksgiving and a few birthdays that have past, I've been a bit more busy.

Like Severus stated, common rooms and clan headquarters are in the game currently. They're just inaccessible.

Banking: I was planning on changing the way money works in game to use actual wizard currency. Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. I'm pretty sure I will be changing to this at the time I make the banker. This will probably be one of the first additions you'll see coming here soon. I'll also have one of the bankers convert your gold into the new currency as well.

Quests: This is something that I really want to get going with. Not only will it be fun to make, but it'll allow better gameplay with varied tasks and hopefully some story for the sub quests. Main quests won't come right away because I still have to decide how the stories there will work out. I'll probably implement a tutorial quest first. The quest has to have a global quest system made, so this one might take a tad bit longer.

Items: I have TONS of ideas for items, and you all have given me plenty more under the suggestions area. I'll be adding these over time. The only reason I haven't yet is because I need to decide what will be purchasable and what will be considered rare and only obtainable during events.

Dueling: I am planning a dueling system with automatic ranking for official duels, I just don't know all the details yet. More info on this once I get around to it.

Events: I had some ideas for automated events so that staff do not need to moderate them all the time. Which will allow you to participate in events even with staff online. There will of course be a form of even currency that will be awarded with events, and will be exchangeable at an NPC. Some rare items may be listed here but will require a super high amount of event points.

All of you know the holidays are coming, so things will be a bit hectic. Do not fret though, I don't do much else on Byond currently other than work on HPANF. So, if you see me online at all, you know it is purely for this very server.

Thanks for understanding guys! The suggestions forum IS taken very seriously, and a lot of new updates will be from suggestions there. I'm open minded.

There is something about character models about recognizing what the House of the character.
    I had to get to my screen very close to recognize what House the character in.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:37 am