Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

2 posters

Suggestions for magical items

Dean
    1st Year
    1st Year

Suggestions for magical items  Empty Suggestions for magical items

Post  Dean Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I thought I'd list a couple of cool magical items metioned in the books/movies.
    here are some ideas:
    -Quills as well as spell checking quills.
    -Vanishing cabinets. They could be used to teleport people/objects from one cabinet to it's alternative partner.
    -Floo powder. This would enable teleportation from fireplace to fireplace.
    -Broomsticks. Some names for the broomsticks:
    Firebolt, Nimbus 2000 and 2001, Comets, cleansweeps, Shooting stars, The bluebottel, silver arrows, tinderblast, swift stick, twigger 90, oakshaft 79. I doubt that brooms could have different abilities such as speed but maybe the icons could vary or the brooms are different colour?
    -The Deathly Hallows. I guess they would be the rarest items.
    -Bewitched items. These items could slowly drain the HP of the player that is in possesion of the item. The bewitched items would be common accesories like rings, necklaces etc.
    -Gobstones. (these would only be useful if a mini-game was introduced, like in the films).
    -Sneakoscope which could sense if anyone was invisible in your view? Maybe a red indicator would flash everytime a cloaked person was in your view?
    -The marauders map. That would also be pretty rare.
    -Enchanted coins that would permit you to access extra areas.
    -A time turner which would allow you to level up 2x faster.
    -Wizard cards would be a nice thing to collect. Maybe each card would have a special perk.
    -Different Robes/clothing.
    I don't know if it's possible to make any of these but I thought I'd chuck in a few ideas.
    Thanks for reading.
    Link
    1st Year
    1st Year

Suggestions for magical items  Empty Re: Suggestions for magical items

Post  Link Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:21 am

I did read through all of this but the only one that caught my attention was The Deathly Hallows.

I like the idea of the invisibility cloak not being a common item, I hate hate hate invis noobs.

How would the Resurrection Stone work? Would you be able to revive yourself?

What about the Elder Wand? I don't really like the idea of giving someone with the Elder Wand a couple hundred extra damage..
    Dean
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Dean Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm

In the books the resurrection stone could only be used when Harry was near to death. It brought his loved ones back from the dead. The only thing I can think of that is similar to this is, if the holder of the stone is dueling and dies, maybe they could "Activate" the stone and the kill would not be registered? I mean it would not count in the Kills, Deaths, Monster kills section? But then again, that's not what the stone actually does in the films. : (

With the wand I think the only thing that can make it different from any other wand that is if it makes spells more powerful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content